It’s week 2, everyone! Last week we did just the legs, but we’ll be doing quite a bit more this week. Get ready to finish the body and make the head.
Below is the video tutorial.
-1 skein Lion Brand Yarn Vanna’s Choice in Terracotta
-4mm (G) crochet hook
-2 – 10mm black plastic safety eyes
-black embroidery thread (for Fiona)
sc – single crochet
sc2tog – single crochet 2 together/single crochet decrease
Gauge:5 sc x 4 rows = 1 inch square Fox size: 11 inches tall.
- Every part of the fox, aside from the outfits, will be made using continuous rounds. No slip stitching. Use a stitch marker to keep track of rounds.
- There are 2 foxes: Felix & Fiona. They have the same body, but different outfits.
- Fiona will have eyelashes, but Felix will not. If you would like to add eyebrows for Felix, feel free. It would be adorable!
- I strongly recommend using stitch markers or a scrap piece of yarn to keep track of rounds. I have tried it without before and it can turn into a nightmare!
- Don’t stuff foxes too full with poly-fil. You want them to be nice and huggable. Also, you want their clothes to fit properly.
-Remove stitch marker that held your place from Week 1.
Round 23: sc 9, 2sc, sc 18, 2sc, sc 9 (40)
Round 24: sc 10, 2sc, sc 18, 2sc, sc 10 (42)
Rounds 25-36: sc in each stitch around (42)
Round 37: *sc2tog, sc 12* around (39)
Round 38: *sc2tog, sc 11* around (36)
Round 39: *sc2tog, sc 4* around (30)
Round 40: *sc2tog, sc 3* around (24)
Round 41: *sc2tog, sc 2* around (18)
Round 42: *sc2tog, sc* around (12)
Moving on to head:
Round 43: *2sc, sc* around (18)
Round 44: *2sc, sc 2* around (24)
Round 45: *2sc, sc 3* around (30)
Round 46: *2sc, sc 4* around (36)
Round 47: *2sc, sc 5* around (42)
Round 48: *2sc, sc 13* around (45)
Rounds 49-56: sc in each stitch around (45)
Round 57: *sc2tog, sc 13* around (42)
Round 58: *sc2tog, sc 5* around (36)
Round 59: *sc2tog, sc 4* around (30)
Round 60: *sc2tog, sc 3* around (24)
Insert eyes between rounds 56 and 57 with 4 stitches between eyes .
Round 61: *sc2tog, sc 2* around (18)
Round 62: *sc2tog, sc* around (12)
Round 63: sc2tog around (6)
Finish off, sew shut, and weave in ends.
Join me next week to add all the adorable features of Felix & Fiona. It’s going to be so fun!
Don’t forget to sign up for my Newsletter if you haven’t yet to get e-mails whenever something new comes up on the blog!